In the past, learning a new language was a difficult process. Today, with the help of technology, it has become easier than ever to learn a new language. Apps like Duolingo and Memrise have made it possible for people to learn new languages on their own time and at their own pace.
The Croatian phrases is a phrase of the day that will teach you some Croatian words and phrases.
- 27th of January, 2014
- in the field of entertainment
You know enough Croatian to get by, but knowing a local term or slang to sneak into a discussion will impress more than knowing some fundamental Croatian. has introduced its ‘Word / Phrase of the Day’ feature, in which we will teach you a range of terms and phrases that are frequently used in Croatia but are not often seen in language study materials.
Phrase of the Day:
pamet u glavu pamet u glavu pamet u glav ‘Pamet u glavu’ literally translates to ‘be clever’ or ‘keep your wits about you.’ Parents often scream the phrase at their children (mostly girls) when they leave the home to go party. ‘Brain/smarts in your head’ is the direct translation.
For example, a daughter could say to her mother, “Mum, I’m going to town for a few drinks with the ladies.” ‘Pamet u glavu,’ says the mother…
– 21/01/2014 – Ja u kupe, a ti u pade – 23/01/2014 – Malo Sutra – 20/01/2014 – Di si bija kad je grmilo – 17/01/2014 – Bogu iza nogu – 16/01/2014 – Stara koka, dobra juha – 20/01/2014 – Di si bija kad je grmilo – 17/01/2014 – Bogu iza nogu – 16/01/2014 – Stara koka, dobra juha – 14/01/2014 – Nit’ smrdi, nit’ mirise – 15/01/2014 – Da ga nema trebalo bi ga izmisliti
Learning Croatian can be difficult at first, but this phrase of the day will help you learn the basics. Reference: basic croatian phrases.
- funny croatian phrases
- how to say good morning in croatian
- how to say hello in croatian
- have a good day in croatian
- croatian greetings